Stats, Trades, Contracts and Lots of Ryans
Sportsnet’s Matt Brown joins me on this weeks One Puck Short Podcast, as the NHL returns to action.
Matt and I talk about advanced stats and the growing interest in them among NHL clubs, the current pitfalls of these stats and what they can tell General Managers when it comes to making trades, signing free agents and at the draft table.
We also looked at:
- Ryan Miller’s future
- Andy MacDonald’s trade value
- The lack of other available D men, as opposed to the number of wingers out there at the deadline
- The seemingly inevitable trade of Ryan Kesler
- Pittsburgh’s deadline day considerations
- What Ryan Callahan can offer clubs
- Dave Bolland contract negotiations
As a slight side note, Dan Giradi signed a new 6 year, $33m contract with the New York Rangers just minutes after we stopped recording!
Thanks to Matt for joining me again today. You can follow him on Twitter @mbrownSN59.
As always; any questions, comments or thoughts on the NHL, British game or anything else hockey related can be fired across to me on Twitter, @RobMcGregor35, or email email@example.com. You can also ‘like’ One Puck Short on Facebook