Chris James, Producer of The Steve Dangle Podcast and proud Vancouverite, joins me to discuss the Canucks disastrous season – including the injury troubles the club has run in to, Roberto Luongo’s trade to Florida and John Tortorella and Mike Gillis future with the franchise.
Chris and I also talked about:
- Similarities between Luongo’s ‘situation’ and Martin St Louis’s in Tampa (in which we referenced Elliott Friedman’s latest 30 Thoughts piece for CBC)
- Maple Leafs playing it smart at the trade deadline
- Toronto’s success this season (including Phil Kessel’s superb year) and their future
- The number of stars we’ve seen injured over the past 12 months
- Sidney Crosby is just the best
- So is Carey Price
- Marc Andre Fleury’s future in Pittsburgh
- How we can all be a little bit alarmist at times…
- And giving praise where it is due, dammit!
Thanks to Chris for joining me today. You can follow him on Twitter @ProdChrisJames.
As always; any questions, comments or thoughts on the NHL, the British game or anything else hockey related can be fired across to me on Twitter, @RobMcGregor35, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ‘like’ One Puck Short on Facebook